Monday, May 29, 2006

chapter 25: manifold witness

Friday was a mostly slow day after the international incident.

Saturday was overflowing with so many beautiful things that I'm still trying to sort it all out.

We drove further into the mountains and hiked a real takes-the-wind-out-of-you hike and even got to throw a few snowballs at the top.

Then we drove down from the mountains back towards Geneva and watched the most gorgeous sunset over the lake at Montreaux.

And then we found an acceptable sleeping-place and woke up to more incredible views of the Alps. I kept thinking of a song . . .

When through the woods and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees --

When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,

And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze --

Then sings my soul,
My Savior, God, to Thee
How great Thou art
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
M
y Savior, God to Thee
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art.

No comments: