Monday, October 02, 2006

are you my mummy?

Funny, I just clicked on my own mummy link to Bowers and saw that the mummy exhibit has been on loan from the British Museum since April, 2005. We were there in 2006. So it couldn't possibly be the same mummies. They must have other, travelling, mummies, and we only saw the non-travelling ones.

Now I don't know what to think.

Could travelling mummies ever rival non-travellers? And whyever would so many Southern Californians have paid twice as much to see LACMA's dismal King Tut showing if something as spectacular as the British Museum mummies were right here in Orange County? What were we thinking???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would hate to be mummified. Can you imagine traveling all around the world, spending time in new cultures and places, and not being able to enjoy it?

Emily said...

It wouldn't be so bad if you were dead. Otherwise, yeah, that would be really awful.