Friday, May 25, 2007

No. 6 and the safety cone

This morning No. 6 and I determined to clean the family room (maybe it should be "I determined that No. 6 and I should clean the family room"; at any rate, we were both determined and we were both cleaning).

At one point I suggested that No. 6 take her stuffed gorilla off of the couch and put it away. She opened her toy cabinet, but sadly could find no room for a stuffed gorilla.

"It won't fit," quoth she.

"Oh."

"Will I have to throw it away?"

"No, I think you can fit it . . . but maybe we need to throw some of your other toys away."

We subsequently found space for the gorilla (pictured below on the middle shelf), but No. 6 wouldn't give up the idea of having to throw something away. She considered several options (none of which were her plastic easter egg shell collection from AWANA, which would've been my first toss, but apparently "it's from AWANA!" is an unanswerable defense against the disposal of any item, paper or plastic).

I left her alone with her toy cabinet and was on the other side of the room when she said, "I know! I'll throw away the safety cone."

Behold, the safety cone.

I'm really mystified about how throwing away the safety cone is going to free up enough space to give the gorilla a comfortable resting place, but that must just be because I'm not four.

And, because No. 6 IS four, here's the picture she requested, with the safety cone on top of her head:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! What a clown! She must be my sister. ;D

Anonymous said...

So Funny!!!

Debra said...

I love four-year-old logic!

Sandi said...

Hahahahaha! Tim and I had a great laugh over this one. :-)