Saturday, January 05, 2008

starving [lawyer/]student

Seeing as how I now have roughly 26 days in which to wrap up my required 25 hours of continuing legal education (26 days left out of about 1095), I thought it would be a good time to think about it.

Thankfully, I did all the required in-person hours at the beginning of the compliance period, when I still had a real job and could afford learning among well-tailored people drinking Starbucks in a meeting room at the Hyatt.

Now I'm going to the law library to check out government materials (which, with the hefty deposit and annual membership fee [for some reason it seems like the law library doesn't trust its patrons] is expensive enough already) on a Saturday because the parking is free.

I know this shouldn't be sad (why should frugality be sad?), but it is.

No comments: