Monday, March 17, 2008

too busy thinking

Last week was pretty crazy, but the kind of crazy that includes three nights at home, studying, which still feels like a luxury.

On Monday I actually said something in Spanish history class to raise a discrepancy between what the teacher told us and what the history books said. Then I came home and studied Arabic for a few hours until the FAITHers came home with reports.

Tuesday I left my meatball sandwich on the dining room table and went to school accidentally lunch-less. Found out that George Bush is the one behind bumping daylight savings time earlier into the year (apparently he likes farm animals better than he likes people), and got into a good discussion about economics and liberal professors with another student. Then I got hit -- HARD -- on the head by some kind of treenut nutcase thing that was falling from all of the trees on the quad. Survived off of a Snickers (the lunch of champions) until I could get back home to my lunch, pretty much spent the rest of the day at church for one thing or another.

On Wednesday I e-mailed the Spanish history teacher with my explanation and citations for my divergent historical interpretation of events at the first Council of Nicea. He e-mailed me back a very gracious e-mail with his two sources, both of which were web sites. Only one was Wikipedia. He also pointed out that there were obvious discrepancies in the critical literature. Congratulations, Wikipedia, for making that club. Wednesday afternoon and night I cleaned and studied. It was wonderful.

I forget what happened at school Thursday, except I know that I made too much fun of people who think George Bush is Hitler and complained too much about the Wikipedia professor.

Friday I had a good good day with Aura-lee, accomplishing things we needed to accomplish and thinking through a bazillion and one other things together. And eating animal crackers of questionable shape. That night I watched 5 and 6 while the majority of the family was gone to a concert. Apparently I was really mean and made everyone go to bed much earlier than preferred. I thought I was really nice and made ravioli and root beer floats. There are obvious discrepancies in the critical literature.

Saturday was for rehearsal, studying, cleaning, studying, observing an anti-war rally, and finishing up other stuff. It should've been for practicing piano and washing my car, but it wasn't.

So that was last week. This week is also going to be good crazy, but with fewer nights at home studying. And two tests and a Spanish composition. We've got one special Easter week event down, six to go. That not counting rehearsals. And my grandma is coming to visit on Friday.

The funny part about all of the above was that what was really on my mind last week had a lot more to do with deep thoughts, The Remains of the Day, a few random things I'm worried about, a funeral yesterday, and Ecclesiastes 3.

No comments: