I felt something funny on my ear tonight in the middle of church and realized that I had an extra earring stuck on my earring. Mathematically speaking, I went to church with two ears and three earrings.
On an unrelated topic, here are some things to mull this week:
- Is belief voluntary?
- If the purpose of language is to divide, what are the psychological effects of language learning?
- Is a cult ever created for a purpose other than the personal profit of the cult leader (lots of thoughts from 2 Peter feeding into this question)?
- Is the bumbling intellectual (i.e., absentminded professor) an English invention, or does he exist in other places in world literature?
- When is hate a good thing?
- If you think he will be a horrible leader, is it okay to actually want Obama to be elected president?
- When and why would graduate school be a waste of time?
- If your goal is to infiltrate a system for good, is any kind of compromise ever justifiable? What about passivity? When is passivity compromise?