Thanks be to God
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, "You shall be holy, for I am holy."
And if you call on him as Father who judges impartially according to each one’s deeds, conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
- that our hope is not of this world, because this world is not worth hoping in
- even more grace will be brought to us at the revelation of Jesus Christ!
- God calls us to obey because He is our Father
- we SHALL be holy
- our judge is also our Father
- we're exiles, on our way home. Home!
- we were ransomed
- we were ransomed by the precious blood of Christ
- we were ransomed by the precious blood of Christ according to God's eternal plan
- God appointed us to be part of this time
- our faith and hope are in the God who raised Jesus from the dead and gave Him glory
- Jesus is raised from the dead and receives glory from the Father