Monday, December 08, 2008

nerd glee

While sitting here trying to think about moving towards getting finished with the GSRIII, I realized that December 10, the day that this paper is due, is the day that Raul Alfonsin was elected president of Argentina in 1983, marking the return of democracy and the end of the control of the military junta behind the Guerra Sucia.

This made me marvelously happy -- the same kind of happy as when I realized on September 29 that I was presenting a biography of Miguel de Unamuno on his birthday.

How amazing is that? Hehe.

::ahem::

I am so ready to finish this paper. For the past couple of weeks I've been having dreams about getting attacked by a scary guy while going about my regular day. Finally on Saturday I figured out that it may have something to do with all the reading I've been doing about kidnappings, "disappearances," and torture in Argentina during the Dirty War. Bleh.

No comments: