Monday, March 16, 2009

Give me Jesus.

On Saturday, I picked up a mini daffodil plant at Fresh and Easy for $1.49.

I put the daffodils in my room because I needed them to make me happy (that is a lot to ask of daffodils, I know).

They did it in a way I did not expect.

In the last 36 hours, the little flowers have turned, one by one, to face the light of the window. They look like they are craning their little daffodil necks to get as much access to the light as possible. And they haven't wasted any time doing it.

This may be a new environment for them, but there is one thing they know, and one thing they will pursue. And it happens to be the thing that gives them life and vibrancy.

I want to be like that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful lesson God gives us through His awesome creation. Thank you Emily. Wonderful post.

Love,

Uncle Don