Tuesday, March 31, 2009

on the bathing of cars

No. 6 helped me this morning to wash my car.

Actually, she taught me to wash the car.

Somehow, along the way, I'd started washing my car ALL WRONG. We had differing ideas on the number of towels needed, whether a bucket was helpful, where the detergent should be deposited, and where the car should be parked. She kept saying "but that's not how our family does it."

The worst part was that, on just about every suggestion, she seemed to be right.

Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore and said, "I've been washing my car since before you were born. Even before I had this car, I used to wash my other car."

Heh. The one, the only, the good old "great stuff that happened before you were born" trump card.

I know it was low, but I almost couldn't help myself.

No comments: