Facebook quizzes are not my cup of tea, but I just saw this one and thought that it would capture a lot if I filled it out here in Amman (I took out the irrelevant ones).
1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00, like every school morning
2. How do you like your steak? not rubbery is good
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Up
4. What is your favorite TV show? Normally, I Love Lucy, but Amber got me started watching E.R. (it's gotta be fake, I think) on Thursday afternoons
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Corona Del Mar
6. What did you have for breakfast? Nescafe
7. What is your favorite cuisine? authentic Mexican food from California!!!
8. What foods do you dislike? mansaf (sorry, Jordan)
9. Favorite places to eat? my apartment, the Italian place Amber and I found last week, Vincent's apartment, or Hamada (can't beat the Super Sandwich for .60 JD)
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? I'd say a taxi, but I was recently informed that passengers don't drive. Every day I ride in at least one taxi. So far I've only done the bus once. But I miss The Flash!!!
12. What are your favorite clothes? All the clothes I left at home. Today I miss my gray slacks. Every day I miss my UChicago sweatshirt. And I often miss my knee-length skirts (although the mosquitoes generally leave me happy to err on the less-exposed side).
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Jerusalem
14. Cup half empty or half full? half full of Nescafe
15. Where would you want to retire? I want to live a lot of places. But when I retire I imagine I would want to live close to family.
16. Favorite time of day? Early evening, when it's cool and the sun makes things look golden.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Amber haggling in the balad.
22. Bird watcher? If I see a bird in Amman, I most definitely stop to watch it. But there haven't been many.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? morning; I start falling asleep at about 10 (if I'm not in bed before that)
24. Do you have any pets? No, although there are some persistent cats in the neighborhood.
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? No. 4 is done with summer school! Congratulate her, all who are lucky enough to do it in person!!!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Not a big fan of cats. Ask me later about dogs.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Seat belt? What's that???
31. Been in a car accident? Alhamdulilleh, no.
32. Any pet peeves? Waste of water or electricity, complaints about the homework
33. Favorite pizza toppings? Haven't found any really good ones, although the halal salami is okay.
34. Favorite flower? the jasmine on our patio; last week I was out with some friends in the hip part of downtown; the night was cool and we walked down a street lined with jasmine. It was beautiful!
35. Favorite ice cream? Mmmmmmmm . . . at first I thought the ice cream here was better. Now all my favorites are back home in America. Probably the best I've had here is cookies and cream in the balad.
38. From whom did you get your last email? Sharif, our coordinator
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Food and Food!!! Seriously, probably Monsoon in City Mall. But my credit card limit isn't high enough to buy all the stuff I like there.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? Yes, today I tried to explain to [my professor] Mohammad that proposition in California about protecting chickens. Don't think it helped his perspective on the U.S. in general.
41. Happy with your job? Yes, I miss work.
42. Broccoli? Haven't seen any.
43. What was your favorite vacation? The Dead Sea.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Greg, Chris, Jennifer, Omar Khadry and Omar ghair-Khadry
45. What are you listening to right now? My air conditioner, a man yelling in the street, and the girls upstairs moving their furniture.
50. Coffee Drinker? Haven't had a satisfactory cup since I left home. I like Turkish coffee in itself, but it's not filling my coffee void. And Nescafe . . . Nescafe is not coffee.