Thursday, April 21, 2011

al fine

Tonight is No. 3's senior recital.

It is the kind of thing that you know is important while it is happening, but you can't completely grasp until later because (1) it's serious and sad, and takes time to digest; and (2) you are immediately more worried about how much dip to make for the reception (except for No. 3, who's immediately worried about the music).

And, speaking of "fine," yesterday in my rebels class I couldn't remember whether "fin" was masculine or feminine (I reverted sadly to grammatical androgyny and found excuses to use it both ways in one sentence). It didn't hit me until the commute home that every musician knows it's "D.C. al fine." Duh. I think it's time for me to either practice something or hand in my credentials as a musician.

At least I can make dip.

No comments: