Here's what's on my mind, like so many unrelated edibles on the table in a still life:
- Penelope. I think when I grow up I want to be her. Except, first I have to actually read the Odyssey. And I'd really rather that my husband didn't take so long coming home or sleep with nymphs. Add to that the problem that I think I've already grown up. And the minor issue of not having a husband. That's a lot of problems...
- PhD. I like school this quarter. Quite a bit. What's with that?
- Guitar. Why did I stop playing guitar?
- Worldliness. Thoughts on what it is and how to keep away from it.
- Faith. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. The substance of things hoped for. The substance.
- Alejo Carpentier. How did he get to be such a genius?
- Easter. Every year I get more excited about the resurrection. Then I get a little disappointed by Easter, because it's not it. There's a line in one of the new Sovereign Grace songs--"His nail-scarred hands will finally bring us to His side." Yes. Oh, for that day.