Even in my journal it's hard to write more than a paragraph, or a couple lines of something attempting to be poetry.
(Is Facebook behind this? Or grad school?)
So this blog is kind of the equivalent of the pair of smaller-size jeans that every woman has in her closet that remind her of days that were but are no longer...but could come back if she tried...but even then, they're not even in style anymore...
But, if I were to write a blog post, here are the topics that are stewing:
- singleness (in the church/as a category/in relation to "waiting"/and careers for Christian women/and patriarchal teaching/and feminism/and contentment/and Titus 2/and fear/and celibacy)
- mortality (as a whole/related to sickness/as a shock/in many many fragments, from the last baby tooth to the first gray hair to reading glasses to menopause to losing your driver's license)
- "good," in all its theological and philosophical intricacies (yes, this again)
- basil pesto
- tests, like the James 1 kind
- school (and teaching/and Christianity/and friendship/and compromise/and dissertation research/and politics/and faculty advisors)
- war (across history/and its aftermath)
- all the Biblical instances of God turning the natural order on its head, from Isaac to the wedding at Cana to Joshua's long day to the virgin birth to Lazarus...
- the man who walks past my window every night between 10:30 and 11:00 p.m., talking either to an invisible interlocutor via cell phone or merely to an invisible interlocutor
- the sun
- how plants are better than dogs