Friday, July 14, 2006

'til next time

So, yesterday was my tutorial with my Lewis professor.

It was good.

My paper was good, except it had THREE technical errors (that he found). This is sad, except that when you turn something in twelve hours after finishing it and only having proof read it once, I guess it isn't so bad.

Afterward, I was really sad. So sad. This month is ending.

Dr. Ward took my leave with "see you in the next life," which I guess he thought sounded overly drastic, because he tried again a minute later with "see you one day," leaving ambiguous the question of in which life that day would occur.

This reminded me that I had been reflecting earlier this week, walking through a cow pasture on the way to class, that living in Oxford is good because now I have stuff to small-talk with C.S. Lewis about when I meet him. Like, "That Headington Hill is a monster, eh?" Then again, if we have a mutual friend in Ward, maybe we won't need to. And yet again, maybe we'll have more important things to talk about.

By the way, any of you out there who have a Touchstone subscription (that probably means only SBN 225942), be sure to read Ward's article in the latest issue. I wish I had a Touchstone subscription . . .

Today we're off to Stonehenge, which promises to be, if not the most thrilling field trip ever, a welcome break from paper-writing. Yippee.

No comments: