Saturday, July 15, 2006

the [week]end

Thursday I'll be home.

Hurray! and ::sigh::

This morning in a half-awake stupor I resolved to roll out of bed, stagger down the hallway, and ask my mom to start a pot of coffee. Only trouble was that there is an ocean and a continent between me and that hallway . . .

[The even further trouble is that here at the Vines we've exhausted our supply of communal coffee and tea, and I'm too lazy to make the hike to the grocery store just for caffeine; yay for my Frappucino knock-off of milk, sugar, and instant coffee.
This is an accurate depiction of my condition.]

Then today, while I was out baking my really-worn-out flip-flops in the sun, I was hit by a wave of "I want to feel the real, intense, desert-y California sun and see the Pacific Ocean!"

Home, home, home.

What I'll miss about Oxford and my housemates and classmates will be easier to tell once I cross that ocean again, but there'll be lots to miss.

Now, to somehow discover the other 6,000 or so words I have to come up with and commit to paper before Tuesday . . .

No comments: