Thursday, August 31, 2006

worship . . . and the grocery store

It struck me today in the produce section, probably to the annoyance of my fellow produce purveyors, that the peach is a wonderfully beautiful fruit.

The white peaches at the store have such a delicate blush, sometimes pink and sometimes yellow and sometimes something in between. And they're soft and sweet-smelling and therefore share attractive qualities with pleasant things like little babies and bouquets of roses.

So I was standing there -- with a pencil and my grocery list scribbled on a Sam's Club receipt sticking out of the kangaroo pocket of my sweatshirt, my cart blocking all traffic on one side of the fruit section -- thinking, how thoughtful and generous of God to give us such beautiful things!

Things like white peaches!

It all gives me a new appreciation (yea, unto empathy) for people who act funny in the grocery store. You never know . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That color that's "something in between" pink and yellow; would that be ... peach?

Aaron said...

hahaha... peach colored peaches. that's just crazy talk.

but I agree, peaches are just fantastic.

Aaron said...

And I don't think you are crazy.