Wednesday, November 29, 2006

when 10:30 a.m. sounds like time for a nap

I wonder if it means you

(a) are getting sick
(b) should have had your coffee this morning
(c) should skip school and work and stay in bed listening to something entertaining or edifying and watching the wind blow things by

(I really wish it meant (c).)

In other news, two things are making me upset today. One is the book on criticism that I'm trying to read to write an analysis for my speech class. There IS objective meaning! There is, there is, there is!!! If I can explain deconstruction (or post-structuralism) to you, then it's unquestionably, inevitably hogwash.

Right?

The other upset-making thing is Christmas music on the radio. I think they do it to make people shop more. And increase sales of Starbucks peppermint mochas. I'm sure that's why . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to figure out the Starbucks trick of making the world revolve around me. Hats off to amazing marketing and addiction exploitation.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to submit a write-in:
(d)you should stop writing/studying/staring at your computer screen all night
[But maybe that one only applies to me.]

As far as objective reality is concerned, did you know that you can find ? by throwing frozen hot-dogs onto your kitchen floor?
I think that's all the evidence I need for the existence of a rational world.