Friday, December 08, 2006

a case for hibernation

A few weeks ago our speech teacher was lecturing on persuasion and talked a little bit about cognitive dissonance theory. She said that everyone has a response to stress (which is enough like cognitive dissonance that for purposes of this post let's all assume they're the same thing), but responses vary greatly from person to person.

Some people need to get out and do something that will distract them from the stress inducer.

Other people go take a nap.

I fall into the nap-taking camp.

So, given all of the things that have to be done for school, work, my classes, the OBCLAA, church, and general life (e.g., it really would be good to clean my room once in a while), I've come to the conclusion that perhaps the best thing to do would be to take a really really really long nap.

Somebody wake me up in January.

No comments: