Saturday, February 02, 2008

wanderlust

School is in full swing, taxes are coming due, and I have very little income to speak of.

But I really really really want to go somewhere.

Far.

And soon.

2005 was a good year for traveling. Last year's intracontinental adventures in Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, and Oklahoma just didn't have the same appeal.

And I have this horrible feeling like I am getting old (don't start, Aura-lee) and not accomplishing everything that I'll wish I had later.

The funny thing is that I don't especially like travel. I do like being reminded that home is not the only place, and that God has created a whole host of places and things and peoples and languages that we tend to forget about; and then I like coming back and reflecting on it all.

Oh, and I think I like going to see places I have read about in books, just to make sure they're really there. Which gives me a really long list of places to check off.

No comments: