Saturday, May 31, 2008

a new breakthrough in poetry

This was a brilliant idea:

The poetry of D.H. Rumsfeld

(Thanks to the Language Log for pointing it out.)

This may be my favorite:

The Situation

Things will not be necessarily continuous.
The fact that they are something other than perfectly continuous
Ought not to be characterized as a pause.
There will be some things that people will see.
There will be some things that people won't see.
And life goes on.

—Oct. 12, 2001, Department of Defense news briefing
I was so inspired by the Language Log post and the Slate article that I started to transcribe the cell phone conversation my mom is having at the other end of our internet cafe.

Look at this:
Lost

I can do it too,
'Cuz I'm the one that it dawned on . . .
And that just isn't -- right.

Yeah, it's true.
Yeah.

Oh, now you're lost because of me.

Where are you going?
Where are you going?

Ooooooooh.

What a nice thing for the girls.
Yeah.
Now imagine that put to music.

No comments: