Sunday, July 20, 2008

soundtrack

At the New Attitude conference in May, I picked up the CD Looked Upon by the Na band, an offshoot of Sovereign Grace music.

For the last year and a half, there's been some version of a Sovereign Grace soundtrack accompanying each new chapter.
Here's the one for this summer (the whole CD is great, but these are the two songs I always put on replay):
Thy Way, Not Mine

Thy way, not mine, O Lord
However dark it be
Lead me by Thine own hand
Choose out the path for me

Smooth let it be or rough
It will still be the best
Winding or straight, it leads
Right onward to Thy rest

I dare not choose my lot
I would not, if I might
Choose Thou for me, my God
So I can walk aright

Take Thou my cup, and it
With joy or sorrow fill
As best to Thee may seem
Choose Thou my good and ill

Not mine, not mine the choice
In all things great or small
Be Thou my guide, my strength
My wisdom and my all, my wisdom and my all


by Horatius Bonar
(1857); music and additional words by Joel Sczebel
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)

Behold Our God


Over land, sky, and sea
Over man’s great thoughts and dreams
God sits high on His throne, ruling history
Nations rage, wars unfold
Men seek pow’r they cannot hold
God regards their strength with scorn
Less than nothing

So when I fear what I don’t understand
I’ll trust the One who holds the world in His hands

Behold our God! Sovereign and good
Matchless in power, the King over all the earth
Fear not, my soul! Trust in His plan
Over all the world, God reigns
Behold our God

Over sin’s curse on me
Over laws I could not keep
God, the Judge has declared all my debts relieved
Sin remains close at hand
Pressing in with its demands
But in my Savior’s risen life
I find victory

So when I’m faced with guilt and sin’s domain
I’ll trust the One whose death has broken my chains

Behold our God! Sovereign and good
Matchless in power, the King over all the earth
Fear not, my soul! Trust in His plan
Over all the world, God reigns
Behold our God

by Devon Kauflin
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI)

No comments: