Wednesday, September 03, 2008

maybe not the ideal babysitter

The back story on Monday's Amazing Grace viewing was that everybody else over 11 in the house went to see Ironman after the picnic. So, naturally, Elisa and Natalie and I stayed home and watched Amazing Grace and discussed slavery and whether God's work and politics are mutually exclusive (well, actually, it was mostly Elisa and me discussing; Nattie was primarily concerned about who was wearing wigs and who wasn't, but other than occasional queries of "is that a wig?", she was the quietest, most attentive little lap-sitter ever).

I love afternoons like that.

And I love my Nos. 5 and 6.

1 comment:

danay said...

We almost watched that movie tonight, but watched the convention instead. Perhaps we would have had a better discussion with the former choice.