- The conservative talk radio guys were disappointing this week. Be honest, guys. You can put lipstick on a pig . . .
- Mine is not a generation that will tow the party line. Those days are over. This is a generation that can't commit to an entire 12-track album; whyever would it commit to a political platform?
- Towing the party line is out, brand recognition is in. Sell Apple, Coach, Puma, Obama. Sell hip, chic. Sell hope, change. Sell it in pick-your-own color and be careful of the typeface on the label.
- Conscience is out of style. Show me the science or what's in it for me. Patriotism, love, and courage are only cultural constructs.
- No matter what they say, hate is hip, as long as you hate the right people. Hate a carnivore, a Mormon, George W., or someone with a pro-life bumper sticker. Terrorists and gays are born that way, you good-for-nothing intolerant loser.
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Here are some thoughts after a big week (historically speaking, probably the biggest week in my lifetime since 9/11).
Posted by Emily at 11:53 AM