Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Out, out, brief candle!

Tomorrow is my last day of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is, ironically, my final exam for Dr. Wikipedia.

My time as a student at CSUF is finished. Forever.

Goodbye, Dr. Wikipedia!

Goodbye, Parking Lot E!

Goodbye, trees that drop strange seed pods on people just when they are starting interesting conversations about economics!

Goodbye, dirt covered with tarps that I thought was dead bodies when I was losing my mind last fall over the Guerra Sucia paper!

Goodbye, crosswalk on Nutwood that goes to the Comm building!

Goodbye, Busy Bee Chinese Cuisine's Green Bean Chicken!

Goodbye, elevator in McCarthy Hall that always goes down to the basement before going up!

Goodbye, Admissions & Records office!

Goodbye, vending machines that sell Snickers (NOT king-sized) for $1.00!

Goodbye, topographical maps of Germany in H321b!

Goodbye, political map in UH336!

Goodbye, balloon that looks like the moon but really says "Free Tacos"!

Goodbye, listening to Hugh Hewitt while driving circles around the parking lot!

Goodbye, Pollack library. (wow, this is the first one that makes me sad)

Goodbye, lonely 4th floor, where the knowledge of ages keeps solitary confinement under neon lights in a linoleum-lined mausoleum.

I'm leaving now.

I am happy to have known you.

Goodbye.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Wow--only one of those makes you sad? I'm sad and I'm only acquainted with the "free tacos" moon!

Anonymous said...

You've GOT to be sad about leaving Busy Bee.

-Pamela