Monday, April 25, 2011

Ladies . . . fasten your fascinators.

Just finished reading this (yeah, I know; I should start Monday morning working and not clicking around CNN.com for interesting stuff guaranteed never to be helpful in life):

Kate Middleton's "Fascinator" hats a hit in the U.S.

I don't have anything against Kate Middleton's style (that I know of; at least I know for sure that I like it better than Michelle Obama's, which always kind of confuses me). And I don't even really have anything against hats or ladies' decorative headwear in general.

But I just can't picture wearing anything called a "fascinator." That just seems really really weird. Read more about fascinators here, and don't neglect to note that a "substantial fascinator is a fascinator of some size or bulk."

(If anyone's wondering, I still wouldn't wear that thing to the right by any other name.)

No comments: